Sunday, August 24, 2008

That dreaded first post

Thanks to a certain Swedish dj, who reminds me time and time again to bloody start posting, I figured I just should. I don't like posting unfinished things. I don't like posting scribbles. I know I've made this blog to get rid of that stupid habit and to just.. post.

All these files are training.. Short sketches, quick doodles and tests, and they all have just one layer, and a 4-step-brush-history to work with. Thats because that if I screw up, I have to fix it by hand instead of going easy by doing many 'undo's'.

So, this is what I doodled today. It's a quick sketch, for some sort of technological futuristic research center/energy base/core. Very sketchy. Am not at all pleased with the spikes up top. Am trying to train in more toned down colors..






One of the experiments of yesterday, went too far on the layer adjusting..
This one is also unfinished, I wanted to make a big rocky wall on the right with a horseman in silhouette in front, but failed at the composition. I'll probably go back to this one soon.




This one I call Dragoon, heh. I have a strange method of naming.. I wanted to make a dragon made of clouds and dreams, sleeping away in an endless landscape. It's a nice thought, and started as a monochrome colour practive. Perhaps I'm going to refine this one too, were it not for my total lack of ability to draw dragons. (unfortunately, since I quite like them)







edit:: Bigger version of the blue research one: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/Anduir/interstellarcopy.jpg

No comments: